Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tanning for the Summer!

 
Yep, I can't believe I'm actually doing it, but I'm actually tanning for the summer! You see, my aunt has just got her in ground pool up and running and we are going to be heading over there to swim sometime next week! :D But I'm really REALLY pale from the winter! Nothing is wrong with being pale, nothing at all--but I'm like a frosty okay! So, since I will be spending summer by the pool in my new bathing suit I decided I should probably get a little tan.
 
So today I laid in the sun for an hour while reading 'Beautiful Creatures', txting my friends Jessie and Hannah and listening to Eisley and the Civil Wars. It was a nice vacation from writing--though I did sneak a previously printed version of my novel out there so I could continue to review it. Yea...the writer is still writing!
 
My friend Jessie have agreed to start exercising and sun bathing together. Yesterday we walked two and a half miles and then ran a mile without rest! :D We were very happy! Then we had a water gun fight with my siblings and lay in the sun for an hour. It was great! So nice to be able to work and relax with friends!
 
But now I've started sun bathing on my own so I can get a nice little tan before this weekend! Again, nothing wrong with being pale and I don't want to be a piece of leather, but I do want a little tan because of my new swimsuit! You see, it's a bikini--yes I finally got one and I'm not going to be posting pictures.--but you do need to be tan to wear one. So I'm getting slightly tan, but not too tan. :)
 
But I've also started a new work out program--still burned out from Jillian Michaels. I've moved up to eight pound weights and I'm SO HAPPY! But they are killing my shoulders! :( Oh well, pain means that I'm burning fat and working muscle! 
 
I'm looking for quick ab workouts that I can do each day--Jillian takes too long on some busy days. I have a 300 abs thing (for those of you who have seen 300--you know those peeps had some abs!) but it's also very long. Of course, abs are a tough thing to work, and you need to burn a LOT of belly fat for them even to show, a task I still have yet to accomplish. 
 
 
 
But yes, that's pretty much what's been going on with me today, other than running by the library to look up literary agents for my book! :) Check out the post on that here. :)
 
So anyway, wish me luck...especially that I don't burn myself! 0_0 That'd be bad!
 
Here's my tanning partner, she found it strange that I was lying on the ground...maybe she thought I was dead because I was so pale! LOL!
 
 
Anyway, hope to chat with you later,
 
Your ever busy and now tired blogger,
 
Rebecca
 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on working on a tan! I'll easily be getting one from our sun! And I'll be working on some leg crunches and a few simpler workouts I can do inside on my bedroom floor. :)

    The kitty is so cute! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete